.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, January 23, 2006

he remembers that we are dust

As far as the east is from the west,
so far has he removed our transgressions from us.

And yet I still long for them, the lusts of the flesh--flesh which has been removed from me. I have been cut off from my old self, made naked, but I have not got my New Man yet. I am disembodied. But I should be glad for that, content that one day I may be further clothed in Righteousness and Truth. Instead, I am chasing after an old sin that is always as far as the horizon. It is an attempt to reunite my soul and body, to resolve the tension and to settle on some tangible existence. It is understandable, and even natural, but it is in error. It is betraying the way of things, chasing in the wrong direction, towards a home that no longer welcomes me. I cannot fuse future and past to condense my distilling breath. I must wait for both to explode, for only in timelessness will I be fully present. In the meantime, I must refrain from following the flesh, for we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.

Jesus Christ, have mercy on me, a sinner.
Jesus Christ, have mercy on me, a sinner without sin.
Jesus Christ, have mercy on me, a sinner without sin who would it were otherwise.


Comments:
C'est le progrès de votre tristesse qui m'a fait sentir celui de mon mal. Jamais, non, jamais le feu de vos yeux, l'éclat de votre teint, les charmes de votre espirit, toutes les grâces de votre ancienne gaieté, n'eussent produit un effet semblable à celui de votre abattement.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?