.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

say cheese

I always hated school pictures. Your teacher would hand you that black plastic comb, and your smile got phonier as the line shrunk in front of you, your eyebrows raised like you just won the raffle at the end of the dance and your teeth clenched tight so your jaw jutted out over your knees. And your mom always made a big fuss about it and mailed wallet sizes to all her friends and hung up an 8 x 10 in the hall, and you didn't even recognize the kid staring out at you. And that's who'll be remembered. Not you, alive and lonely, but that stiff-necked little stranger.

Comments:
yeah, i let you read the whole story last week. :)
 
David, I was hoping you could post an example! :)
 
I know, I know. I'm working on it. Next week. ;)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?