.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, September 11, 2005

wisdom of björk

The last three songs on Björk's Homogenic have been surprisingly motivating to me lately. It's a really angry album, about finding indepence after a bad relationship, but it ends with a sort of release, an acceptance of life's inconveniences and a move towards embracing humanity in its flaws, opening oneself up to love in spite of everything.

(favorite line: the less room you give me, the more space i've got)

Alarm Call

I have walked this earth and watched people
I can be sincere and say I like them
you can't say no to hope
can't say no to happiness

I want to go on a mountaintop
with a radio and good batteries
and play a joyous tune
and free the human race from suffering

I'm no fucking Buddhist
but this is enlightenment
the less room you give me
the more space I've got

this is an alarm-call so wake up wake up now
today has never happened
and it doesn't frighten me

Pluto

excuse me
but i just have to
explode
explode this body
off me

i'll wake up tomorrow
brand new

a little bit tired
but brand new

All is Full of Love

you'll be given love
you'll be taken care of
you'll be given love
you have to trust it

maybe not from the sources
you have poured yours

maybe not from the directions
you are staring at

trust your head around
it's all around you
all is full of love
all around you

all is full of love : you just ain't receiving
all is full of love : your phone is off the hook
all is full of love : your doors are all shut

all is full of love

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?