.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, April 22, 2005

How to live richly #8

Make [an idiot of yourself] someone's day.


Oh, don't you wish I had a picture of this one? Unfortunately, nobody could whip out their cameraphone in time to catch the action.
As I was walking down the stairs at the acquatics center, I was watching Maurice stare in wonder at the Endless Pool, so I didn't pay attention to how I was turning. Who puts a big glass panel on either side of the doorway, anyway? Just as he turned around to face me, I smacked it hard, and he doubled up laughing.
A year ago, I would have been mortified, but thankfully we were both able to laugh hysterically at my mistake. I'm pretty sure the chuckle did more for my heart than the thirty minutes of aerobic exercise that followed, so I can't complain.
You should try to be less graceful. In the right company, it can be quite nice. :)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?