.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

am i reading in to this too much?

Today at China Palace I was watching MSNBC on closed captioned big screen, taking tips about post-graduation job hunting (because I'm incapable of ignoring restaurant televisions): interviews, investments, intensity. Oh, and don't be afraid to follow your passions. Lots of people are doing things they care about these days...after retirement, of course. Secure yourself a pension, and then maybe you can actually exist for your last fifteen years. They went on to say that more Americans work abroad than one might think, flashing a website to visit, and just as I raised my eyebrow at the recommendation, I read my fortune cookie:

:) You are always welcome in any gathering. :)

I mean, how can you fight with the implications of this "coincidence"? I've wanted to work overseas ever since high school.
And the final kicker! This was the quote in my word-a-day today:

I am so convinced of the advantages of looking at mankind instead of reading about them, and of the bitter effects of staying at home with all the narrow prejudices of an Islander, that I think there should be a law amongst us to set our young men abroad for a term among the few allies our wars have left us.

-Lord Byron, poet (1788-1824)


Comments:
Dude, want to work in Taiwan? Not too much to recommend it...but heck, I'm here and thinking of coming back next year, so it must not be that bad. What's your BA in? I can hook you up with some employers.

Do you have Don Peris's "Slide Trombones" album?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?