.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, February 21, 2005

What a funny God we serve

Saturday night's conversation:

Calla Maria: You'll probably never have an accident.

David: You know, I've thought about that a lot. It isn't that I'm a particularly good driver. I don't really pay much attention to what I'm doing. I'm beginning to think God must have some special plan for me that requires a perfect traffic record. I figure, who am I to ask questions?


Sunday afternoon's conversation:

David [singing]: It takes a worried man to sing a worried song. I'm worried now, but I won't be worried long.

God: You wanna bet?

David [rear-ending the truck in front of him]: Oh, fuck!

God: Sure, I've got plans for you, but they're not that special! Learn to tame that tongue, and maybe you'll drive better.

Comments:
oh no, i really did.
it was no big deal at all. just a few dents in the bumpers. we'll be okay. but a nice wake-up call. ;)
 
David Boozer! Yah know, I come on here thinking, "this is David's site, he's a nice guy, nice, safe, interesting stuff to read" then, I start reading and that nasty little word is sitting there to sock and annoy me. Now why did you have to do that?
 
Aww, Glad that everyone and everything is ok.
Now I can point my finger and laugh at you!
 
trillium, i won't apologize for faithfully reporting the events that occurred. i will apologize for offending you, however.
people are offensive--and that includes me. :)
in my opinion, the more offensive of my comments in the post is the one where i facetiously refer to God's will like it's something to be trifled with.
that's the tongue that needs to be tamed, i would say. :)
 
david, well you had a wrech. Welcome to the club. You are the 1,856,548,364 member. I'm,1,849,674,648. SO you are not alone.
 
Wow, David. That's hilarious. I appreciate your honesty. Awesome. That happened to me and a friend I was riding with a few weeks ago...we had JUST finished discussing traffic accidents. A few years ago, Brandon played some "funny" pranks on me in the middle of the night, and hid in my shower in The Extension. He heard me say some not-so-Godly words that I weren't part of my cell-vocab. Hi five dude. Hope cell is great tonight. I'm sure it will be.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?