.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, October 22, 2004

moment:

I felt like my skeleton could no longer hold me inside anymore. I could feel my jugulars ready to snap, spilling my life all over the brick sidewalk in one final burst of exasperation. I was trying to describe it to You, walking across Samford Lawn on the way to Chi Alpha, but I was afraid to say the word, "PANIC."
Before I could get it out, though, I caught some color coming around the corner. A young woman holding a dozen helium-filled balloons: yellow and purple and green and red. Just as I began to smile, some music faded in from the bar on the corner--like it was a movie and this was the climax. The crickets joined in the soundtrack and I sat down beside Langdon to stare into the fading sunset.

The pressure's gone now. Thanks for reminding me.
I love You, too. :)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?